Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fig-Arugula Slices

Figs are in season...but I just can't sit and eat figs.....I wanted to do something with them that didn't require going out to get more supplies....everyone else wanted pizza and I'm not doing the tomatoes sauce/pepperoni heartburn thing, so we decided on "make your own pizza night" on pita bread. And here is mine....
It was awesome!


I sliced a garlic in half and rubbed the cut side on the pita. Then, I slapped some butter on the pita; (I can't eat olive oil....the horror!) otherwise, I would have used olive oil. Topped the butter with a bunch of arugula, sprinkled some grated mozzarella and parmesan, carefully arranged sliced figs on the cheese, and toped it off with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt. Bake in 375 oven

A bite.... with the sweetness of the fig and the salty crunch of the sea salt.....umm!