4 medium eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil (I use safflower oil)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
6 slices bread, cut into pieces
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients, except bread.
- Place bread in the egg mixture and make sure all pieces are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (optional).
- Place mixture on hot iron and close the lid.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree F oven.
Yields: 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp milk
1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a 12 muffin tin with parchment baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, sugar, oil and milk. Stir in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Stir zucchini mixture into dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until done.